This historic structure is known as the Loyalty Building on North Broadway. It houses the Hilton Garden Inn and associated restaurants and shops.
This structure was built in 1886 and served as the new home of Northwestern Mutual Insurance Company. The name of the building was changed in the early 1930’s to the Loyalty Building due to the Loyalty Group of insurance companies who occupied the structure. The exterior is composed of gray granite and gray Bedford Stone. At some point, the exterior of the building was coated with lead based paint. Work included exterior lead paint removal and abatement, masonry repairs and sealant removal.