This historic bell and clock tower located at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas was constructed in 1907 in order to connect the Fort Leavenworth Sherman and Sheridan armories together. The tower houses both a historic clock and bell that were built as part of the tower construction.
Severe damage to the masonry elements occurred due to improper mortar use and coating operations over many years which posed a sever hazard including falling brick and stone, including the failure of the tower itself. Work included complete exterior brick removal and replacement with custom manufactured bricks. The copper dome and finial lamps located at the top of the tower were removed and replicated as part of the restoration. Historic windows were restored and the historic clock and bell were made operational and were restored. The restoration of the tower also included installation of new decking and framing elements inside the tower, replacement of cornice stones, coating removal, restoration of the clock faces and installation of all new copper louvers and grills surrounding the bell. The addition of lightning suppression systems and aircraft warning lights brought needed modernization to this historic tower.